Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday flowers

Thought I would take a walk around the yard BEFORE it rains and show you some of the flowers blooming today Friday, April 15. Spring is my favorite time of year with all life renewing itself. It always amazes me after that cold,snowy winter these beauties live to bloom again.
these are my Kaila tulips. My granddaughters name is Kaila and I bought the bulbs from her

                                         some daffodils



the flowers on the side of our house


                              the creeping phlox's are getting ready to burst into full bloom


Our flowering pear tree

close up of our flowering pear tree. It is pretty but it does have a smelly odor.

                                          my neighbors back yard coming into bloom


even the dandelions look pretty this time of year

Pat, not sure how many miles are between us  but you guys are way ahead of us flower-wise.
Here's what's going on in my yard. The forsythia aren't quite ready for a picture yet but here are my daffodils. ~Maureen~


I potted up some pansies for the front porch:

I love my old cement bunny
This color really caught my eye

Pansy's are so cheerful!

 

3 comments:

Pat(yellowsweetpotato) said...

i love pansys Mo need to go get some myself it just started raining here. :(

Prims and Annies said...

Hi...I enjoyed your spring flowers...I love daffodils..the smell is awesome. I live in South GA and we are getting ready to head into summer in a couple of weeks..it's always cool here until Easter...after that we will be in the high 80's and low 90's. Enjoy every moment of your Spring weather.
Maxie

doris said...

The flowers are all beautiful, my asian lilies are sarting to bloom and I keep talking to them and telling them what a great job their doing.