Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What have I been Working on Wednesday!

Well my working on Wednesday project has taken 2 weeks....so far.

I have been cleaning out closets!!!

The last closet I started was the closet of my 22 year old son, Brian. This closet really, really needed to be cleaned out. My son told me he would get to it soon, well he 's been saying that for months now. So on Saturday morning my husband, Mike and I went up to his room armed with garbage bags and cleaning supplies to get that closet clean. I have to say that Goodwill was a big winner in this project. LOL The room wasn't that bad but he got a new bed so I wanted to give his room a good cleaning. As many of you know one project leads to another.... I told Brian I would help him if he wanted his room painted. The next day we were ripping down the wall paper border and painting. Now the room is perfect! I checked last night and the room is still perfect...2 days and counting. LOL

I also cleaned out our office closet and found this poem that I know many of you can relate to.

A Crafter's Poem

Crafts are here, crafts are there.
My craft supplies are everywhere.
I really should clean this mess,
But I like it, I must confess.
Floor is littered, chairs are piled,
Kitchen’s looking pretty wild.
On the table counter too,
Seems that any place will do.
Hall is stacked with cartons high,
Filled with things folks like to buy.
Garage is full, but so far…
There’s still room to park the car.
I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don’t know yet what I’ll create,
But at least my imagination’s great.
My family smiles, they don’t complain,
Although at times I know I'm a pain.
But when all is said and done,
I really am a crafty one !!!!

Author Unknown

Have a crafty day!
Leanne
~*~Harvest Moon by the Lake~*~

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Love that poem!!! Your closet to room painting story reminds me of the kids book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.While you are still in closet cleaning mode...would you like a trip to Ohio????

Doris said...

I've been putting off closet cleaning for about 2 weeks now. I must do it! (and soon!) Love the poem.
doris