Thursday, March 12, 2009

What are you working on Wednesday?


Today was a busy day of sewing for me. I made 18 blocks just like the ones shown in the picture above. My best friend and I are working on a wedding quilt for her son! We plan to finish the top at our bee's quilt retreat next weekend. The top will have 50 blocks of the star alternating with 50 snowball blocks. The pattern is usually called Tennessee Waltz, but because the couple will be Texans(he is a native Texan) it is renamed TX2step! This quilt is quite different from the first TX2step I made(my avatar) as it has a very controlled set of fabrics. When it's all finished, I'll post a picture of the quilt...maybe not until after the wedding, which will be Memorial Day weekend.

It will be our first trip back to Galveston since Hurricane Ike. The TV reports have been so sad, and it will be difficult to see all the changes. But Ricky was one of my fifth graders a long time ago, and I'm honored to be invited to their wedding!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a pretty quilt pattern Jo and I love the colors in it. The bride and groom will treasure it!