Friday, March 20, 2009

I LOVE PUNCHNEEDLE


I always enjoy working with my hands, whether it's hooking a rug or doing a punchneedle piece. Punchneedle is my favorite craft and I work at it daily. It takes me approximately 12 hours to make a 5"x7" piece. This piece was inspired by a vintage Easter card. Choosing colors is probably the biggest challenge for me. I sell on e-bay and try to make two a week. I usually only use the same pattern once a year, it takes a lot of ideas and of course I love buying patterns from others. I have found vintage greeting cards to be a great source of ideas.
Happy Spring everyone!!
Doris

4 comments:

~*~Leanne~*~Harvest Moon by the Lake~*~ said...

Doris, you did it!!! I just love seeing your punchneedle...you have such great ideas!!
Leanne

Barefoot Primitives said...

Yeah Doris! Your work is amazing! I keep telling myself I'm going to count the hours I put into a piece, however, it's just little bits here and there when I get a moment... I'd probably be amazed at the hours! LOL

Maureen said...

That punchneedle project is the sweetest! You get such nice detail in your work.

Becky said...

I love all your pieces Doris. I don't know how you can part with them!