Thursday, January 29, 2009

A day late.... :)

Well, it is Thursday instead of Wednesday, and today I have been hooking on a rug for a challenge. I'm hoping that it will catch a buyers eye at the next Green Market, February 8th at Discovery Green Park in Houston. This will be my first Sunday afternoon sale, hope if you are in Houston, you'll drop by the park to say HI!

I'm working on sewing items such as pinkeeps, Easter bunnies and chicks, chenille eggs, some upcycled nests and eggs, and will of course bring along my rugs. I'm having a great time with stitching them up!

But my best part of any Wednesday is our sweet granddaughter! She is almost a year old, has 4 teeth and a giggle that would melt the coldest heart! What a blessing to me to share the days with her...

Quilting bee in the evening, where my dear friend Sharon fixed Coconut Cake with Coco Loco Coconut milk. Everyone just ooohed, when she told us what it was. Her recipe came from Janet, another dear friend who is renouned for her desserts. No, we don't usually sew a stitch at the meetings.


We do projects together, and I've put a picture of one of our group quilts at the top of this post! We each made 70 or so blocks with the tulips all the same color, and then swapped with everyone else. I also made bee appliques, and had them sign the wing for their bee. I put their bee on one of their blocks and grouped special friends together, so that quilt reminds me of so many stories! I embroidered in free motion, "If each thought of a friend were a flower, I'd walk forever in a garden" The sweet ladies of CPLG are one of my favorite parts of that garden!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Jo, the look of that quilt and the meaning behind it are BEAUTIFUL! I love it :)

TeresaM said...

The quilt is beautiful......... the quilt group sounds like so much fun!!!

Becky said...

That quilt is adorable! It will be a lifelong treasure, I'm sure.

~*~Leanne~*~Harvest Moon by the Lake~*~ said...

Jo,
I love, love, love the quilt!
~*~Leanne~*~

Barefoot Primitives said...

It's stunning Jo! I can't imagine the hours and hours of love you put into that beauty! Great job!