Wednesday, April 23, 2008





The picture from the tulip farm is beautiful. Spring is finally in full swing here in Ohio as well. Along with the blooming things comes the furry and feathery critters too. I've seen robins, cardinals, sparrows and the true harbingers of spring for our area:the redwing blackbird. We have a small pond in our backyard which unfortunately attracts geese. We try to chase them away because of the mess they leave behind. I noticed one yesterday quite close to the house but when I went out on the balcony to make some noise to persuade him to leave, he was already gone.Turning around to go back inside I noticed our neighbor had a new weather vane up on their garage. I would love to know how that big, clumsy bird managed a safe landing on the roof peak! He was up there for a while surveying the area. Looking for a bigger and better pond to re-locate to I hope! I think this is what I love best about spring. You never know what you will see next outside. So as you go about your routine....keep your eyes (and ears) open.



No comments: